Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hearty Chili

As a Weight Watcher I find I have a few staples that I know are delicious and filling. This is one of my all time favorites and my mom is hooked as well.

I hadn't had it in a year or more and she reintroduced me to it. Soup isn't typically August fair but I have to say this is delish with all the wonderful fresh produce out there. It does freeze great if you want to make a big pot now and enjoy it later.

The absolute best part is that it's completely free on Core (all filling foods), and is only 1pt per cup on points. Filling and low in points, that's heaven!!!

10 oz lean ground turkey breast (I use 93% lean ground beef, but the turkey is good too)
1 med onion diced
2 (28oz) cans of diced tomatoes
2 med zucchini diced
4 celery stalks diced
2 green peppers diced
2 med yellow squash diced
1 (15oz) can of red beans (any beans are fine, pick your fav)
2 (15oz) cans of beef broth
1 (1 1/4oz) pkg of chili seasoning

Brown meat with non stick cooking spray & onion.
Then just start dumping ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to low and allow to simmer until veggies are tender.

YUMM! Fall is just around the corner. This makes a ton and is delicious, ENJOY!

No comments: