Sunday, March 7, 2010

Melancholoy

-It's Sunday morning and I'm home again for the second week in a row. Last week it was Graham, this week we're all home minus Jared. Tanner's been running fever since yesterday about 5. They are all complaining about sick bellies and it's 9:15 and Sis is still sleeping. I am thankful that if they had to be ill it was over the weekend so it doesn't interfere with school. I just have a hard time making them do school when they're so pathetic.

-I miss my dog. A lot. The vet called yesterday and thought it wise to explain in detail his passing. The poor little guy was struck by a car and died from internal organ damage. It was not a painless event. I had really romanticized who he would be to Anneliese. I couldn't wait for her to put little ribbons in his hair and brush him for hours on end. Talking to Christie last night about his groomer made me sad. Sophie has always been an obnoxious member of the family but even in her craziness we love her to pieces. She is so lost and lonely. Moe was a dominate leader and she did what he did. She really doesn't seem to know what to do with herself.

-Elijah's response to Moe's passing was, "Aren't we going to replace him?" I'm really struggling with that. Part of me screams "NO" dogs are high maintenance and having one will be easier. Plus I get attached to dogs especially little adorable fluffy ones and I really don't want to do this again. But then I think of Sophie and Anneliese and I want a froof dog. I didn't ever regret bringing him home. I loved him. More than likely we will stay with Sophie and Mellie for a while but if Kayla ends up going the way of the vet then we may consider bringing another fur baby home. I'm just not sure it will be a dog. We sure love our little Smellie Mellie. We'll see, but I'm not going to make an emotional decision that will impact our family for 10-15 years (the lifespan of whatever animal I choose). We'll wait it out a bit and see what the kids desires and interests are.

-Conviction. I know that in principle conviction is a good thing that brings forth refinement but it's such a painful process. I had a conviction/wake up call. Hypocrisy is a cancer and I have become aware of an area of my life that needs treatment. God is calling me to be a better friend and I am thankful for His prompting.

John 15:13 (New International Version)

13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

No comments: