Thursday, March 25, 2010

You're Such A Grill

***Blog Reading Novice? Any text that is a different color or is underlined is a link. Simply click on the text with your mouse and it will take you directly to the link referenced in the sentence***

Now that Spring has sprung it's time to dust off the old grill.

Jared and I have a rickety old grill that was given to us brand new by my in laws 10 years ago. We have replaced it's guts at least 3 times and I'm seriously contemplating getting a whole new grill this season.

Grilling is a Weight Watcher's necessity. During the summer you can do SO much and if you have a gas grill you can have a tasty meal in mere minutes.

One of my favorites is a grilled chicken breast for lunch. I just season it with garlic, salt and pepper and throw it on the grill. I'll pair it with a cup of brown rice or a baked potato (also super quick in the microwave). It's a great way to have a non-processed meal with the same time savings as a hot pocket (also one of my FAVS).

You need to have a bag of my RUB on hand. It's delicious on bone in chicken breasts. Since we WW's take off the skin I highly recommend using a paring knife to lift the skin and apply the rub directly to the breast meat and then put the skin back down to trap the moisture. Cook on your grill rib side down. It takes about 35-45 minutes and it's the best chicken you'll ever eat!

I also really like grilled veggies. Take your favorite, I like zucchini, slice it length wise and thin. I season it with garlic, salt, pepper, and a couple spritz's of olive oil (LOVE Pampered Chef's oil spritzer) and just slap it on the grill. You can layer them with a boneless chicken breast on a bun and it's a delicious way to get in some veggie servings.

Don't forget foil packs. You can do so much with foil. A favorite from my childhood is sweet Vidalia onions with salt, pepper, and a tab of butter (I use Country Crock lite). Wrap it in foil and sit it on the grill while you cook your main course. They are tender and sweet and SO good to just open up and eat with a fork!

The ideas are endless. Try Alisa's pizza on the grill. Make healthy choices for your toppings and this can be a lean treat!

What are your favorite grilled meals?

No comments: