Friday, March 19, 2010

What's For Dinner?

I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart this afternoon and they had a family pack of pork chops marked down so I grabbed them. We always take advantage of meat markdowns! I wanted to slow cook them but since my husband is NOT a fan of the mushroom I wasn't real sure what to do until I found this:

Pork Chops for the Slow Cooker

Submitted By: KOORBRUS
Photo By: larkspur
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Hours

Ready In: 6 Hours 5 Minutes
Servings: 6
"Tender, spicy and delicous pork chops made easy with a slow cooker."
Ingredients:
6 boneless pork chops
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup ketchup
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
1. Place pork chops in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork chops.
2. Cook on Low setting for 6 hours, until internal temperature of pork has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2010 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 3/19/2010

It smells wonderful. I plan to serve them with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. I'll be sure to update as soon as we sample them!

No comments: