Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm Drowing in a Sea of Cotton...

I detest laundry. I'm beginning to feel the urge to purge. I can not get caught up. First of all there isn't enough hangers, drawers, or shelf space to put it all. We're wearing 1/2 summer and 1/2 winter so the shear amount of clothing out for a family of 6 is unreal.

The funny thing to me is that we don't really have a lot of clothing per person. In fact at the end of each season I go through all the clothing before storing it and remove everything that I don't really care for or stuff that is completely worn out.

This summer the boys survived on about 2 pair of shorts each and maybe 4 or 5 shirts each. That's not exactly the wardrobe of a clothes horse. So why do I feel so overwhelmed.

I think part of it is I'm a finisher. I hate leaving things undone and laundry cannot ever be truly complete. I feel beat before the game even starts. God obviously had it right in the beginning. No clothing and no one noticed or cared. Wow the life of a woman would be so much easier if it wasn't for Eve and that stinking apple. No pain during childbirth, no laundry, no stretch marks or overeating just taking care of the fam in a sinless world while enjoying God's creation.

Well, back to the task at hand.

No comments: