Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ravenous Beasts

Just to give you an idea of what it takes to feed a family of 4 boys I thought I'd share what they consume in an average day.

For breakfast they polish off half a loaf of bread, most of a box of cereal and easily 1/3 a gallon of milk.

For lunch yesterday they ate an entire 1 pound box of fish sticks and 6 string cheese. Throughout the day they drink a gallon of sugar free tropical punch.

I always try to make a nice dinner and last night I made some pasta with meat sauce. We used an entire box of noodles, a pound and a half of hamburger, 3 cans of diced tomatoes (to make home made sauce), plus seasonings. The kids really like to have milk with dinner so there goes more milk!

As long as they eat well at meals I allow snacks throughout the day. The boys polish off 4 boxes of pop tarts, 4 boxes of fruit snacks, 2 boxes of cinnamon grahams and countless sticks of string cheese all in 2 weeks.

The funniest part is they actually don't seem to eat that much each it's just when you add it all together its unreal. It will only get worse as they continue to grow. All those comments about girls costing so much more obviously don't take grocery bills into account. I'm sure I could buy lots of cutesie clothes for a little girl with the money I spend just on milk. Just think, what will it be like when they're 18,16,14,12, & 9!!!