Monday, September 1, 2008

Sweet Baby


"12 Weeks Gestation

* The neck is present and the face well formed.
* The eyelids close and will reopen at about 24 weeks.
* Tooth buds appear.
* The arms and legs move.
* All body parts and organs are present.
* The fibers that carry pain to the brain are developed; however, it is unknown if the unborn child is able to experience sensations such as pain.
* Definitive signs of male and female gender are present.
* A heartbeat can be heard with electronic devices.
* The length is about 2 to 3 inches."

I am 11 weeks and 3 or 4 days. We are officially finishing up our 1st trimester. It's gone by surprisingly fast. I can now say that we'll find out what the baby is NEXT MONTH! We will be far enough along at the end of October. I really can't wait to know but in the mean time I am eagerly anticipating feeling our little peanut. I started feeling Graham and Elijah around week 15. We are closing in on it!

The main difference between this pregnancy and the others is I'm still sick. I struggle with nausea most evenings and in the mornings I have to force myself to eat. Once I eat I'm usually better. I laid in bed last night breathing deeply trying to overcome the desire to vomit long enough to fall asleep. I thought it had passed because I had a week or two when the nausea was gone but alas it has returned. I wish I could say I'm staying nice and thin due to the morning sickness but when I do feel well I eat and eat and eat and eat. Ummmm, an English muffin with strawberry jam sounds good....

No comments: