Friday, October 16, 2009

Washing Woes

Just a reminder last Saturday my washing machine flooded the laundry room. I called about the warranty immediately and they came Tuesday to tell me what I already knew. The large seal is torn and I told them that on Saturday. The repair man looked at it, sighed and said, "Yep you'll need a new seal. It won't be here until Thursday or Friday I'm going to have to order it."

My question is why it wasn't ordered on Saturday. Apparently they had to send someone out to look at it in order to confirm I wasn't a ding bat. It's Friday and I still haven't heard from them. As you can imagine by Tuesday my back hallway and bathrooms was under a mountain of laundry.

Since it appears I will have to wait the weekend leaving me without a washer for 8-9 days I got creative. I took some duct tape and went to work. It's not pretty or perfectly sealed but if I strategically place a small towel in the right place and only use the Quick Wash setting I can get by.

We have clean unders, towels, and sweatshirts. I look forward to using the full capabilities of my machine again soon. Here's hoping for Monday.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You make me laugh with your creativeness! Good Job!! :)

Danielle said...

Shannon, you didn't think that they would take a woman's diagnosis did you? But hey you got a temporary fix. Way to go!

Beth Eaton said...

You're awesome!!