Thursday, July 22, 2010

Random Thoughts

-Today is the 4 year anniversary of my Dad's passing.  Jared and I were in casual conversation talking about all the people we know who's birthday is today.  Jared was telling a story and mentioned it was the 22nd and a wave washed over me.  I am so thankful for the time that has passed.  That first night I just kept saying, "I want it to be a year from now."  I knew that in time, the horrible physical pain of loss would lessen.  I think about him often.  I was thinking about him on my run this morning actually.  Thankfully, now I can remember him and love him without being overwhelmed by the sting of death.  Praise God for His healing.

-I am starting chapter 7 today in my studies.  The first available testing date is Aug 28th.  It is my goal to be prepared by then.  At the rate I'm going it shouldn't be too much of an issue.  I want to re-read the first 3 chapters once I've completed the book.  They were the most overwhelming and I can't imagine it will hurt to go over them again.

-While swimming the other day Graham said to me, "I would NOT be happy if your drown-ded."  That is good to know :)

-VBS is this week and it's going great!  Chris has done an exceptional job and provided a VBS like we haven't had before.  It's sports themed and the kids are all having a wonderful time.  My boys count down the hours until time to go.  What a blessing!  Good job Chris!!!!  You hit this one out of the park :)

-Thanks to David and Erin T.  we have a dehumidifier!!!  I can't even begin to express how happy this makes me.  Our basement was being overcome by mold.  We had a small rug down there that I had to drag out and put in the dump due to the mold growing on it.  Erin mentioned to me that it works, it just takes a full day before you'll see water in the basin.  Well, unless you're overachievers like we are.  There was a good two inches of water in the basin after just 1 hour.  We hooked up a hose and now it trickles constantly into the sump pump.

    -Our house smells better overall
    -The basement is dry (mold be gone!)
    -The sore throat that had been plaguing us for weeks is gone.

Thank you David and Erin!!!  We are so appreciative!

No comments: