Saturday, December 26, 2009

Random Happenings

-Yesterday my family braved the weather and still made it for Christmas. You guys were extremely generous and we appreciate not only the gifts but your willingness and desire to spend the day together as family! We had BBQ meatballs, ribs, rolls, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and cream corn. It was absolutely delicious!

-I'm desperate to take the tree down. Well kinda. I have all the desire for it to be down but none of the energy to start the process. The decorations go up Thanksgiving evening and typically come down Christmas evening. It may have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.

-Mealtime at the Altic's has become a battle of wills. I will them to eat what I make and they will to complain and argue. As you can imagine with 4 little bodies requesting and refusing different things it gets very frustrating. I have begun timing our meals. I set a timer and if the food is not consumed before the ding it's off to bed for the night even if it's only 6:30. They sit and chat, stall, and goof off until the food they did not want gets cold and shockingly enough they really don't want it then. The worst part is I can't predict what they'll like. One night spaghetti and meatballs is a hit with everyone and the next week Eli will arbitrarily decide red sauce nauseates him. I will win, I will win, I will win...

-Christmas with the Altic's has been postponed due to the ridiculous snow. Apparently it's even worse up North. The kids were really disappointed but Jared was relieved. This has been a very busy week for him and he has worked every day. He's up at church now and I'm hoping he'll be able to be home for nightly prayers.

-Graham had a terrible allergic reaction to something last night. His right eye was red and his face started to swell. He had trouble breathing and required a breathing treatment. The poor little guy was a mess. It seems obvious to blame the new kitten except she's been in our house for 3 days and Graham's had his hands and face all over her. I would have thought if he was allergic to her specifically he would have reacted the first night when she was new, fresh from the barn and all in his face. He did this one other time at church and I had to rush him home for a breathing treatment and we never did figure out what triggered that reaction. The good news is he perfectly fine today and back to his goofy self. He's had Mellie in his arms most of the day (much to Tanner's disapproval) and not a sneeze.

No comments: