Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Randomness Is All I Can Muster...

-Mom, the kids, and I went to UMKC Dental school today for Graham to receive laughing gas and a filling. He was sweet and super cute while under the influence. He told the dentist that Mommy calls him cute and handsome while daddy refers to him as Squirt. The dentist was trying to numb his cheek and kept calling Graham "friend" to which Graham replied, "You are not my friend!" Can you blame him? The guy had a needle and was using it freely.

-Since we had already driven down there we decided to head to Union Station and check out the trains. Graham is our little Engineer second only to Brennan in his obsession with Thomas the Tank Engine. The kids were mesmerized by the display and had a wonderful time. Tanner at one point grabbed my mom around the waist and said it was the best day he'd ever had. So sweet.

-Graham's best friend is Clara Jean. He loves her dearly and constantly talks about her and how he wants to share this or that with "Cara Jean." Today he announced he wanted to marry her. I briefly explained he couldn't marry her because she is his cousin. He looked right at me and said,"I'm going to go to a different church where they will let me marry Cara Jean." I didn't expect to lose one so young :)

-Jess and I are still walking our little legs off each morning while freezing our tootsies. Oprah said once that you burn more calories in the cold because your body works extra hard to regulate your body temp. I may have to start running however just to create enough heat not to be miserable. The wind in our faces this morning was just painful.

-I weighed after Thanksgiving and I weighed exactly the same as I did the week before! I am super happy with that. I have lost 65lbs and have another 20 to be super happy or 15 to be content :) It may be taking longer this time but I can honestly say I am happy to be on the journey and enjoying life during the process verses being a woman obsessed.

-I am so in love with my family and my friends. It may be Christmas or Thanksgiving or the fact that God is soo good. Regardless I am happy and so thankful for all of you, so much so I can't stop thinking about it.

No comments: