Sunday, December 20, 2009

Menu

While reading my book Home Schooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell there is an entire chapter about organization and how disorganization can be a quiet robber. I can really relate to that so I decided to try out the weekly menu idea that several of my friends have adopted. It not only helps with grocery shopping but I'm hoping for less stress come 4 pm when everyone starts asking, "what's for dinner."

It may seem minor but when there are 4 talking children and a husband and they all ask at least once this mommy starts answering with less and less kindness with each passing question. So here is our menu for the week and thankfully I already have the bulk of what I need for groceries. If there is a recipe that you would like just request it in the comments and I'll post it.

Monday-Chicken and stuffing (this is a crock pot recipe that I prefer to make in the oven, super easy and a family fav)

Tuesday-Creamy chicken and rice

Wednesday-Spaghetti and Meatballs w/homemade garlic bread

Thursday-Hodge podge and leftovers due to Christmas Eve service at 6:00

Friday-MERRY CHRISTMAS!! My family is coming over for dinner and I plan to have Grandma Jean's cinnamon rolls for breakfast, BBQ meatballs, ribs, rolls, mashed potatoes, and Texas sheet cake for dinner!

Saturday-Christmas at the in-laws! Homemade chicken and noodles (with my very own noodles, yumm!) rolls, and whatever else the Altic's/Rice families create.

Sunday-Pot roast with carrots and potatoes

No comments: