Friday, September 25, 2009

Delish Dish!

Last night we had BBQ chicken in the crock pot. The only thing I did differently is I used Splenda Brown sugar (1 cup) vs plain Splenda (2 cups).

I slow cooked the chicken all day and I made my homemade rolls for sandwiches:

You need a bread machine. Add to the machine in order

1 cup warm water
1 egg
2 TBS butter
3 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsp active dry yeast

Use dough cycle. Once the dough is done separate out into 16-18 pieces (2pts a piece) or if you want to use them as buns for the chicken only separate into 12 pieces (3pts a piece). Let rise for 45 minutes and then bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

I didn't want to use the points on the bread so I used my favorite new food find. Oroweat Sandwich Thins Multi-grain. They are only 1 pt!! I found them at Target and they are awesome toasted with an egg for breakfast, or filled with turkey for lunch, or like last night they were delicious filled with BBQ pulled chicken!!!!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

My family will no longer eat sandwiches on regular bread since I bought those thins. They are awesome and you can get a pack of 16 of them at Costco for only $4.25 which is way better than the $3 for 8 of them at Walmart.