Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thankful

We are 2 1/2 weeks into our 4th school year. I have home schooled our kids out of a desire/calling to submit and love my husband. It has been difficult, tiresome, and guilt ridden.

Jared and I both have a strong belief and theology that sticking through things brings great reward. It's is hard to follow through and tough it out but rarely does one regret doing so. I follow that in most areas of my life but the one that was the hardest (home schooling) I was ready to throw in the towel every other month.

I'm not sure what brought forth the change. It could be Jared's fervent prayers that I would come around. It could be my own cries to God to make me like this and want to do it since we felt called to it. I don't know when or how it happened but things have changed.

Brennan, Tanner, Eli and I sit down for several hours each afternoon. We giggle, read, learn, chuckle and enjoy each others company. Maybe the boys just needed to grow up a little. Maybe Mommy just needed to grow up a little. Either way we are enjoying school and I look forward to our time together and for the first time in 4 years I am happy and content and even feel blessed by home schooling.

Today while Tanner was speeding through his reading assignment (Thank you Lord) his tummy growled a ferocious grumble to which Tanner smiled and said, "I may be a tiny bit hungry." We all laughed and laughed. It dawned on me how different I felt and that the Lord had changed my heart and I am so very thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I love you!

Grandma Anita