Saturday, September 19, 2009

1 pt Pumpkin Cookies (ish)

I found this recipe over at Erin's Eats. She has some great lo-fat recipes that I plan on trying out. I whipped this one up last night and they're kinda weird looking but otherwise tasty.
The "ish" in the title is due to the term cookie vs the points value. I'm not sure what to label them but a cookie seems generous. My kids actually LOVE them so I'll be making them a lot. They're super healthy and great with coffee.

LOW-FAT PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES (Michelle Jones)

INGREDIENTS:
1 c. pumpkin
2 egg whites, whipped
1 c. brown sugar, packed (I used Splenda brown sugar (1/2 cup))
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cloves
3 c. rolled oats
1 c. raisins (I omitted,but I may try a small amount of pecans next time)

DIRECTIONS:
Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine pumpkin and egg whites. In a separate bowl combine sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, oats, and raisins (batter will be very dry at first). Mix ingredients together just until moistened.

Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, 2" apart. You can leave the cookies in the shape of a ball (the baked cookie will still be a ball) or flatten them out with the bottom of a glass before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Makes 30 cookies

Nutritional Information Per Cookie: Calories 81.8 / Fat 0.6 / Fiber 1.5

I have to admit I ate several of these (6,8 maybe more). They served as my dinner. I had such a sweet tooth and after being on Core for 6 months a warm baked good was heavenly.

No comments: