Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Perhaps Today

My heart is heavy.

My heart is burdened with the woes of many.

I feel a desperation for Christ's return. I feel blessed in this life and recognize how good our God is regardless of present circumstances. It's just hard not to get overwhelmed by the sin and sadness that is plaguing a world in desperate need of a Savior.

It as times as these I have to make myself turn to the word for God's encouragement.

Romans 15:4 (New Living Translation)

4 Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.


Psalm 43:5 (New Living Translation)

5 Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again—
my Savior and my God!

Romans 15:13 (New Living Translation)

13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

It is essential to remember that the Lord mourns when we mourn that He has an answer in the form of His son Jesus Christ.

John 16:33 (New Living Translation)

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

So as we wait for His return, for Him to heal all comfort all and save all, I will have hope.

Lamentations 3:24 (Amplified Bible)

24The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.A)">

No comments: