Saturday, February 20, 2010

Woman's Retreat

Yesterday afternoon Ms. Jess, Alanna and I all headed North to Horton for the annual Woman's retreat. The weather was a little nasty but once we were there it wasn't bad at all. I know there were several of you who wanted to go so I took lots of pictures so you could go vicariously through us!

The theme for the weekend was P.M.S. Praise a Mighty Savior. Rhonda M. from Valley Falls was the dean and she and her cohorts did a great job. It was a lot of fun for me to reunite with so many people that I knew as a child and to spend time with my favorite camp buddies:
Photobucket
My favorite part was sharing camp with Ms. Jess. She's a big fan of camp but hadn't ever been to MLCC.
Photobucket
I was really excited to see this purse. I have been wanting to make a bag with an alternating fabric and this is perfect! I plan on making one this week and adding it to my shop. You have great taste Savannaha!
Photobucket
This past summer I had the pleasure to meet Austin and Katie's sweet little girl when she was fresh from the womb and now she's 7 months!! She was such a joy and gave me the little girl fix I needed with Sis at Aunt Sonya's. Isn't she beautiful?!
Photobucket
Rhonda M. had everything beautifully decorated. The bathrooms were plastered with scripture and the cafeteria was full of frilly girlie things. I didn't know camp could be so hospitable!
Photobucket
I loved spending time with wonderful women talking about inward Christ based beauty, Godly disciplines, and Hannah's faith. What a wonderful way to retreat and dwell on His promises.
Sara H. even had us do a fun craft of making a purse out of an old pillow case. This was right up my ally and I had a blast creating this:
Photobucket
You may see these in my shop if I can find some more striking pillow cases. LOVE IT!
I would say over all the last 24 hours was a success and I'm so glad I went.
Oh, and one last (but most definitely not least) camp buddy. Ms. Kelly Elly S. giving you all a big kiss goodnight.
Photobucket

No comments: