There are a few things that I am really hooked on right now. I thought I'd share just in case you may like them too...
1) Diet Mountain Dew. I love it. It's good canned or from the fountain. It's easy to chug when I'm super thirsty and it just really seems to hit the spot. Mmmm good and NO calories, my favorite. QT has thier 32oz drinks for $.49 for the time being. What a treat!
2) Spray and Wash Duel Power. I actually caught this when it was tossed at church. Alisa Y. brought her favorite things to a MOPS meeting and handed them out. I caught this as she tossed it through the air and almost broke a finger:) Truth be told it's the best stain remover I've ever used. It removes breast fed baby poo and that's a miracle! I haven't found a stain yet that it didn't remove. An absolute must have for moms.
3) Dove Supreme Cream Oil body wash. This was a gift from Mary G. and I'm addicted. I've used Oil of Olay for so long but she brought me a bottle of this and I love it. It smells so good and I love how soft my skin feels.
4) Olay Clarify and Cleanse daily scrub. I mentioned this in a previous post. I have complete control over my break outs since using this product. It works great and it takes very little so the tube lasts a really long time.
5) Christi's spaghetti bake. Christi C. made spaghetti bake for church several times and I never tried it because it wasn't point friendly. A couple months ago when we were both doing Weight Watchers she brought a "simply filling" friendly version and now I make it every week. It's super simple:
1lb 93% lean ground beef
Home made sauce (2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 garlic clove minced, 1Tbs olive oil, salt, pepper, and 3TBS oregano blended all together)
1 12oz package of whole wheat spaghetti noodles
1 cup of fat free cottage cheese
1 cup of fat free sour cream
Brown the meat, drain. Add sauce and let simmer while you boil the noodles. Once the noodles are tender drain them and dump them into an 8x8 pan. Cover noodles with sour cream and cottage cheese and the cover it all with the meat sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. I then top each serving with fat free cheddar cheese. I highly recommend NOT covering the dish with fat free cheese since it creates a plastic barrier. Just sprinkle it on your individual serving and stir it in. Yummy! It's rich like lasagna and perfectly free on the old core plan.
6) Fresh ground coffee. My mom bought me a small coffee grinder and I'm sold! It really is better. I buy the 1lb packages of Starbucks beans (approx $11) and grind them at home. It smells heavenly and has such a rich flavor. My favorite "Pike's Place" is a available right now our Starbucks in Target. I'm trying to finish up what I have so I can justify buying a pound. I just add skim milk and splenda and it's "simply filling" and completely free on core. Perfect for rainy days like today! I'm hoping to become a Latte creator soon. I found a Krups Espresso/Cappuccino maker on Craigslist for $10! I love vanilla skinny lattes from Starbucks and I really think I can recreate them at home for MUCH less. If I seem a little hyper it's just because I'm sampling my creations while I figure out the perfect recipe!