Friday, June 12, 2009

Good Morning



Anneliese slept well last night :) She slept from 8:10pm until 9am. She's full of smiles and giggles and is currently sitting on the bean bag discussing the beautiful weather with her Tanner.

Today is getting down to crunch time. We live for camp on Sunday afternoon. My mom is on her way over to help. There's so much to do and Daddy's swamped with work. This is one of those weeks were he'll preach 7 or 8 times in 7 days. You figure he spends about 15 hours prep per sermon and he's also dean this week and is writing all the lessons...whew!

I'm not typically a list kinda a girl but I'm going to take a minute and write out a to do list. I just don't think we'll get there with everything we need while having things in order here if I don't.

Good thing I've got that fancy espresso machine. I made the best caramel cappuccino this morning. I should be able to kick into high gear and get everything done while being fueled with caffeine.

Just a quick poll. My foot is still in quite a bit of discomfort. I'm more than a little concerned about camp this week. There's a lot of walking to be done on difficult terrain. I went shoe shopping the other day trying to find something that would work. I bought a pair of Sketchers that are super ugly

But I thought they'd work. There aren't many shoes that even fit my swollen appendage. These not only fit but they didn't make me cry when I put them on. The problem is the longer I wear them the more my foot swells out the top. It gets pretty severe. I'm at a loss, my sneakers hurt really bad and flip flops or sandals give no support and in turn hurt. Do you know of a miracle shoe? At this point cost isn't really an issue. I have to have something to wear until my foot is healed.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

How about a ankle support brace thingy. Brittney had one for cheer and loved it. Eric used it after he got his cast off and it really helped for a while. It's black and stretchy, has a hole for your heel and wraps around crisscross and over the top of your foot. I know yours has more to do with the top of your foot, but I think it would help and the best part is it would give you support and you could wear flip flops.

here's a link to the one we have

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=303933&navAction=jump&navCount=7&skuid=sku1034568&id=prod1034578#

nobody is currently using it so if you want I could bring it Sunday for you to borrow.