Saturday, June 27, 2009

Random Reporting

-Brennan had a wonderful time at camp. He came home looking older. I know that sounds silly since he was only gone 4 days. It just seems like he matured while he was gone. Being away from us and doing just fine has given him confidence. The main thing was he was glad to be home. He just kept saying how much he missed all of us. He seemed tickled that Anneliese looked chubbier.

-Tanner is gone today for day camp. He went with his buddy Trent. We are super thankful for Jenny H for taking his sweet self up there and back.

-Jared and I are going to a wedding today. Our good friends from Rushville are marrying off their youngest and we can't wait to be reunited with all our old church family. It's hard to believe she's getting married since when we met her she was Brennan's age. WEIRD :)

-As much as I'm looking forward to the wedding I'm feeling extremely insecure. I still have a good 35lbs to lose. Hopefully I'll be able to put something together that makes me feel somewhat cute. I can't wear real dress shoes due to my foot and a dress is out since I'm still nursing. This will be interesting.

-I purchased 350 square feet of flooring plus trim pieces yesterday. My previous blog picturing the chosen floor is no longer valid. I ended up going to Lumber Liquidators per Alisa's suggestion (Thanks Alisa!!!!). I found a very similar floor for $1.99 per foot (a savings of approx. $6 per square ft) verses $3.90 (the cost of the flooring in the previous post). The best part is that it has a 30 year warranty against wear and fading. Laminate flooring is measured in mm (6,8,10, or 12). 12 mm flooring is considered commercial grade and is for high traffic areas. The floor I picked is 12 mm and already has the backing attached (saving more money!). Now we have to schedule someone to come out and install it. Jared and I are planning on moving all the appliances and tearing out the old flooring to save money. This is going to be a huge undertaking. Once the floors are in we will have to install all new quarter round. Ugh, I have anxiety just thinking about it. I will be thrilled when it's all said and done. In the mean time I'm going to paint and pick out new 2" blinds and drapes. It will be a whole new kitchen!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

so glad the lumber liquidators was a good price for you. Can't wait to see it all installed!