Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Other White Meat

I haven't posted a chicken recipe in a really long time so here's one I LOVE. Can you tell I'm not up to much more than sitting at the computer? :)

Photobucket

There's not a lot to it actually and that's what makes it so good.

Pulled chicken in a crock pot.

You need:
1 bag boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 Tbs liquid smoke
1 clove garlic
1 med onion
salt and pepper to taste

Just dump all ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook until chicken is tender. 2-3 hours on high or 5-6 on low. I leave the onion in big chunks so it can be easily removed. My family doesn't mind the flavor but isn't a fan of the bits.

When it's done cooking just pull it with forks. I'm thinking we may have ours on my fab homemade wheat bread.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow that sounds super yummy! I may have to try this one, I just need to get a new crock pot.

Jane Deskis said...

check your ketchup - not all are gluten free. Distilled Vinegar can be a problem for sensitive celiacs. Now, everyone don't go jumping down my back because some say distilled vinegar is okay. You won't get me to eat d.v.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up Jane. I'm new to the gluten free stuff and mainly post the label for your and Amy's sake. I know she has a ketchup she uses for Abigail. I'll find out what it is.