Saturday, June 12, 2010

This Week's Grind


Tomorrow more than 1/2 my brood is leaving the nest. Jared, Brennan, Tanner and Elijah are all heading for camp tomorrow and won't return until Friday. This will mark the first time my family went to camp without me.

I'll be here with Graham, Anneliese, and Sophie. During the day M-F I'll have my nieces, Clara and Kennedy. I'm kinda excited to have the time with my younger two. In the evenings it'll just be us and all afternoon/evening tomorrow.

It hasn't been lost on me that my babies go to bed by 8:30. I'm not real sure what I'll do all alone for 2 hours each night (10:30 is my bedtime). I think I may read if I can remember how :)

The idea is Jared and Alanna will take the older 5 since they're pretty self sufficient and I'll have the younger ones that wouldn't be super safe wandering MLCC for a week. That way Jared and Alanna will be able to really plug in and help and not be so worried about managing the younger ones. I know it's the right thing and the best thing but I'm feeling a bit melancholy.

I'm sure it will be just fine and Graham will soak up every second with his "Cara Jean" and Anneliese will love having girls in the house. She is really drawn to other girls and will love having Kennedy for a week.

No comments: