Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pizza Dough

Jared and I have been having home made pizza about once a week for the last few months. I found this dough recipe and we're all hooked! I love it because you can make it in a machine or not. If you use a bread machine just follow the directions. If you want to make it by hand all you do is put the water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and let rest about 5 mins. Then just start dumping all the rest of the ingredients until you have a soft dough. Cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled. I add 1 TBS of Oregano to the dough. This makes one pizza so I always double it. Doubled I can make two pizzas on my Pampered Chef cookie sheets and it's the perfect thickness. Enjoy!

Pizza Hut Style Pizza Dough (Bread Machine) Recipe #51209

I came across the recipe from a copy cat recipe source. The 2 hours includes dough cycle time. This is one of the best pizza dough recipes I have found.

2½ hours | 2 hours prep

SERVES 6

  1. Add ingredients (except for cornmeal) to machine bread pan in order as per manufacturer's instructions.
  2. Set to "Dough" cycle.
  3. Lightly grease one 9 x 13-inch pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
  4. When the dough cycle is complete, roll out dough and place in pan.
  5. Let rest in pans for 10-15 minutes.
  6. Add toppings of your choice.
  7. Bake at 350°F until done (approximately 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of toppings).
  8. I make the pizza in 9x13 rectangular pans rather than the round pizza pans, because the squares pieces are easier to reheat and pack in school lunches.

© 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com

No comments: