Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Don't Pray For Patience...Seriously

It is common in the church to tease that it is not wise to pray for 2 things. Patience and humility. If you pray for patience He will give you a reason to be patient. If you pray for humility He may just humiliate you.

The problem is I don't remember praying for patience but lo and behold God thought I needed a good dose. The idea of a baby is so exciting and something I haven't really had to wait for since I was 20. We waited 4 1/2 years for Brennan, but since then the babies just come on their own.

I am assuming we won't be successful in the first month simply because that's pretty hopeful. Only 30% of people conceive in the first month. 60% in the first 3 months and 90% in the first year.

God's timing is perfect and I'm obviously fine with whenever it happens. It's just hard to sit by and wait. If we do "fall" pregnant (an internet term that seems odd to me) this month the baby would be due Feb. 15. That would be the farthest apart any of our children have been. 1 month shy of 3 years :)

Eeeek! I can't wait!

No comments: