Monday, May 19, 2008

How Awesome!

I received an email this morning from Ivillage. It came in my junk box but as an addicted emailer I always check all my boxes just in case. The funny thing to me was the title. "Is 18 kids too many?" This was an obvious reference to the Duggar family. The part that caught my eye was the message boards. If you are a mom of 1,2,3,4 or more there is a board for you. I just love the topics and encouragement I found on there. In fact I loved it so much I added the Large family board as a link on my blog.

You have to check it out. I loved reading about families who get the comments,"are they all yours? Do you run a day care, are they all from your current marriage. Do you know what causes that?" etc. They have some hilarious responses. Too funny!

There was also a family who just had their 7th (we're all called to different things :)) and her husband hadn't told his co-workers in fear of their ridicule. I can understand. Even with our 3rd there were those who felt it necessary to let us know how they felt.

Anyway if you have some time and wanna browse, follow the link and have some fun chatting up with those who are where you are! It's a lot of fun and super encouraging.

No comments: