Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Infected

Apparently my toe is rebelling against my body. I had a small irritation that has turned into a raging infection.

In the last 24 hours it has become so painful that I can't apply pressure anywhere near it when I walk. This is not helping the waddle that I seem to have picked up somewhere.

Last night was miserable as I checked my heart rate with the throbbing that was ever present through out the night. I decided to go ahead and call the doctor this morning when I noticed the red inflamed area is starting to spread down my toe to the big knuckle. I'm assuming the baby wouldn't appreciate a blood infection.

When I explained the situation to the nurse she decided the throbbing mass needed immediate attention. I'm off this afternoon to see if it can be salvaged. OUCH!

No comments: