Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Late Bird Gets a Deal?

We've all heard the phrase "Early Bird Gets the Worm."  Well thankfully for me,  my procrastination saved us a ton on school supplies.  Since I don't have a list to work off of I typically head out a few days into school when I have a better idea of what the kids will really need.  This morning I headed out and picked up what each boy needed in their favorite color.  When I got home I pulled everything out onto the kitchen floor.  We all sat in a circle as I dispersed their color coded items.  The kids opened the packages and began organizing their new stuff.

Brennan was giddy and even said, "This is like Christmas!!"  They each have their own supplies and I spent a grand total of $4 per child.  That's amazing in my book!  They actually asked to do school earlier than we normally do.  I understand that this is probably only going to be today, but hey I'll take what I can get :)

In case you were curious, Brennan is blue, Tanner is green, Elijah is red.  Graham also got a few odds and ends but he hasn't really settled on a favorite color yet so he got a hodge podge. 

No comments: