Monday, August 16, 2010

So, What's Up?

It's been 4 days since I posted so I feel obligated to blog.

Problem is there just isn't much to write about.

I ran 2.5 hours on Saturday and my body is so sore.  Typically I don't feel much muscle soreness after my runs since I go so often.  I've been struggling to go up and down stairs.  This morning was a 20 minute recovery run and I have to say the first 1/4 mile was a bit painful.  The overall run though was wonderfully brief compared to Saturday.  That was just insane.  It's hard to imagine that within the month it will lengthen to 3 hours and 20 minutes.

I've done some serious organizing of all our school books.  I have a hefty stack of duplicates that I'm thinking of listing on eBay to help pay for a couple more curriculum books I'd like to get for Brennan.  I'm eager to get started and as soon as our books arrive from Abeka.

Have you ever heard of barefoot running?  It's super intriguing.  I was drawn in at the idea of running as we were created to.  I watched a little infomercial online and the speaker kept referencing how we are designed.  As a Creationist, I was definitely happy to hear someone elude to God even if they were unaware they were doing it.  The idea is a lot of impact injuries are due to the fact the standard running sneaker makes a runner be a heal striker (your heal hits first in your stride).  When we walk barefoot we are typically mid-foot strikers.  When we strike with our heal the impact is felt primarily in our joints causing knee and hip pain.

I purchased a test simulator online so I could practice my Personal Trainer test before taking it.  It's a little intimidating due to the cost.  I am pleased that even though I still have 4 chapters to read I passed with a 79% (70% required to pass).  The simulator is supposed to be about 5% more difficult than the actual test and is supposed to be used as a study tool.  I found it extremely helpful and very encouraging.  I figure finishing the book and studying where the test says I'm weak I should pass with flying colors.  I can't wait to be certified and applying for jobs!

I guess I had more to say than I realized! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should get some AfterGlow at GNC. It will take away nearly all of the soreness.

Jane Deskis said...

Are you too young to remember Zola Budd running barefoot in the olympics?