Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day to all of you mom's and aunties (you know you love those babies like they were yours!)

We had church early today. My mom came and it was wonderful to worship with her especially today. My family all came over this afternoon and we celebrated mom, Erin and I. Since this is Erin's first mother's day I wanted to do something special for her. I called Jason and he said she loves cheesecake. Lucky for us both I have a super crafty friend who loves to post delicious recipes. I would love to share it with you since it turned out awesome!

Maple Pumpkin Cheese cake with Maple Pecan Sauce from Alisa (The Sweet Life)


Crust:

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted

Combine and press firmly into the bottom of a 9" spring form pan.


Filling:
3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (150z) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1/4 cup Pure Maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

With a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in the pumpkin, eggs, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix well. Gently pour into spring form pan on top of crust.

Bake 1 1/4 hours at 325 degrees or until center appears nearly set when shaken. Cool 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. I used an 8" spring form pan so my cake took 1 hour and 45 minutes due to the extra thickness.

Maple pecan sauce:
1 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup Pure Maple syrup

Combine in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil rapidly for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened; stirring occasionally.Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Cover and chill until served. Stir before serving.

You can also use a 9 x13 pan. Just press crust into bottom of pan and proceed as above. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until nearly set.
I just want to warn you. This is delicious and you can not find pumpkin in May. You're welcome for that :) If you are able to locate some pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, just plain pumpkin) please share with the rest of the class. I have always wanted to try N.Y. style cheesecake and I really think for my first attempt this turned out fantastic!

I hope you enjoyed it Erin! Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments: