Monday, May 17, 2010

Necessity

"Necessity, who is the mother of invention"
-
Plato


We are broke. So when it came to figuring out lunch I got creative and back to the basics and oh my goodness did it turn out awesome!

Last night I made a batch of homemade cinnamon rolls and a batch of regular rolls. The boys ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then for lunch I used what I had and came up with fried chicken sandwiches.

For the batter I used Krusteaz pancake mix. I just dumped a bunch into a gallon sized zip lock baggie and added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.

Jared cut up some chicken breast into small chunks and he shook them up in the zippie making sure to cover all sides. I put a couple tabs of butter on the griddle and cooked the chicken until it was cooked through.

I pulled out the home made rolls and viola. The kids thought it was "the best lunch ever!" I have to say it's been a long time since chicken has been fried in my house. It smells heavenly.
Have no fear Jared and I are not partaking in the fabulous fried food. We have mock hot wings baking in the oven. It wasn't torture at all :)

No comments: