Monday, January 18, 2010

Humor Me

My heart and mind have been more than a little distracted with the health of my grandfather and I haven't taken much time to really dwell and ponder the horrors that have occurred in Haiti until today.

I was watching Fox news where they were reporting on the front loaders being used to dig mass graves for all the deceased. There were an estimated 50,000 orphans before the earthquake.

James 1:27 (NIV)
27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

What would happen if Christians from around the world stepped in and did what we are called to do. Take care of the orphans. In my need for information I came across a website called Together for Adoption. It is full of information and has a Church Centered Initiative. I challenge you to read and research and call on God and ask what can I do to show Your love and care for the orphans.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

In addition, please pray for all the little ones who have families here who were already in the process of adoption (apparently it takes a couple years} and now are unable to finish the process because the paper work is destroyed and many of the government workers in this area have died. They already have families here ready and waiting, but Haiti will not release them.

Pray that these children will be given "humanitarian parole" so they can come be with their families.

Here is the blog of one such family.

http://thehowertons.blogspot.com/