Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Now for the Flower

I really felt like the purse needed a little extra embellishment and Alisa makes these beautiful flowers and I thought one would be the perfect touch. This morning I started out and though they are a little tedious I am really pleased with how it turned out. I really think once you had it down you could turn one of these out in 20 minutes or so. This is the website I used for directions. I may spend the afternoon creating some more out of all the fabric remnants I have. They are super cute!
It blends right into the desk! Too funny.
I used the same fabrics that were in bag itself along with a solid red coordinating fabric. I really like the rough edges so I didn't finish any of the pieces.
The perfect touch!

3 comments:

Beth Eaton said...

I love it! Now you will be addicted to making bags like me.....welcome to the club!!

Jen said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to sell them??

Unknown said...

I was thinking about selling them. That was kinda the idea to see if I like making them, how long it takes, how much the supplies are etc. I know you haven't seen them in person but is this something you would purchase or something you would carry in order to be nice :)

It's 13" deep by 19" wide at the base and 13.5" wide at the top. Other bags online that are very similar in style cost from $45/$65. Does that sound reasonable? Any input is appreciated!