Thursday, January 21, 2010

On The Road Again

I'm leaving in the morning to go back down to Duncan, Oklahoma. I assume it will be my last trip there...ever...so it won't be soo bad.

Grandpa's funeral is Saturday and the visitation Friday night so I should get there just a little before the viewing and plan to head home Saturday late afternoon. It will be a whirlwind but I'm thankful to be able to reconnect with some family while I'm there. My sister from El Paso and my niece and nephew will be there.

My mom told me my favorite cousin will also be flying in. I haven't seen him since I was 10.

My sweet Jess is going with me and I'm so thankful. Jared and I were in the process of figuring out who would go where and I finally just said, "I would have so much less stress if you just stayed here and took care of the kids and the dogs."

We don't want to take the kids and neither of us like leaving them with people especially overnight (5 children, even as well behaved as mine ;) , are still a burden). Plus I hadn't even thought about who would care for the puppies while we were gone. It just made more sense for Jared to stay. He finally agreed after insisting he wanted to go and wanted to be there for me.

I'm leaving first thing in the morning and I'm leaving my delicate flower, Anneliese. That is going to be emotional. She's 10.5 mths old and hasn't left my sight in her short little life. I've been weaning her this week in anticipation of this trip. It was really hard for her to be buckled in for 7 hours one way and if I did take her it would be for selfish reasons and not what's best for her.

I will miss all of my family but I think leaving my sweet baby is going to be the hardest emotionally. She's heading out to Aunt Sonya's where I know she'll be well loved and well cared for.

We greatly appreciate all the kind words and sympathy that you've shown over the last week.

No comments: