Saturday, February 7, 2009

Best Intentions

It's such a beautiful day! My house is showing signs of a 9 month pregnant owner, busy Daddy, and 4 little boys. IcK!

I had every intention of opening the windows, scrubbing floors, catching up on laundry and vacuuming up and down all while listening to amazing Christian music. It's 11:24 and I've unloaded the dishwasher. That's it. Well, the windows are open and my music is playing.

I can't even get motivated enough to shower let alone all that manual work. I honestly just want to go back to bed and breathe in the fresh air while I sleep. The boys woke me up at 7 and I couldn't go back to sleep. I laid in bed watching home renovations until 10:30 but finally decided the 4 small children in the house probably need at least some supervision.

The last couple of days have been full of pretty painful contractions and even though they probably aren't doing anything they do take my breath away and make me pretty uncomfortable and tired. Hot showers have been my friend. From what I've read if a hot shower and fluids calm the uterus it's just more Braxton Hicks.

Last night we went a hour every 10 minutes and then when they went to every 7 I hopped in the shower and soaked. When I got out I drank a ton of fluids and then things settled. I'm thankful that they stop but I told Jared in a couple weeks he may have a hard time getting me to bathe :)

No comments: