We are having more water softener woes. I replaced the circuit board to the tune of $150 and we had wonderfully soft water for about 2 weeks.
We started noticing that the water was becoming harder by the day. I started looking things up online and there is a list of things that could possibly be wrong. I just decided to start at the top and work my way through. The first item was to clean the "venturi." I did that yesterday and we noticed that the water was somewhat softer today.
I'll wait another day or two to see if it continues to improve. If not I'll check the next item on the list. The problem is that the repairs get infinitely more complicated. I'm praying that we'll find the problem soon without much more $$ invested.