Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dedication Not Obsession

Today starts day 3 of Weight Watchers for me. I've decided not to weigh myself for a while. I weighed in at the hospital before Sis was born and I'll wait a week or two before I weigh in here at home. First of all I'm still retaining some serious fluid which is obvious when I try to wear any of my shoes. Second of all with all the engorgement there's several pounds maybe tens of pounds (maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but only a bit) that I don't want to weigh.

In order to keep all this in check and not get too worked up about it holding off on weighing is definitely a good thing for me.

So far so good. I'm eager to be fit and healthy again so the temptations are limited. The sweet Coopers brought dinner to us last night and the plate of oohey gooey brownies was difficult. I allowed myself a small chunk and now I'm fine.

I'm currently doing the old Core plan which technically doesn't exist anymore. It's now called the Filling Foods Option. It's helpful in the breastfeeding stage when I'm starving since I'm allowed to eat until satisfied on the filling foods. I did Core after Elijah was born and I dropped the 65lbs I gained in less than 4 months. I'm guessing it won't be quite that quick since I'm 5 years older and this is my 5th baby. Fortunately for me I'll be fine emotionally as long as I'm working on it.

My goal this time is to enjoy my baby and allow the weight issue to be a tiny side to my life verses allowing the obsession of it become my primary focus and miss out on the precious fleeting moments of infancy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you! So far so good on this end too.... Maybe if you come to mom's this summer for a Sunday afternoon bbq and swim, we could actually put on swimsuits. Or, maybe not...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I thought the new momentum plan was kinda stupid at first and planned to just do core since I like the idea of whole foods anyway. But, I am finding that it is great because when I have a major sweet craving that fruit won't satisfy, I can have a 100 Calorie pack of cookies and not feel like I am cheating. I tend to think "oh well, I cheated, may as well quit." I know it is irrational, but I do. So feeling like I am sticking to the plan even when I splurge is huge for me. And, eating mostly filling foods means I have been way under my points for the day, which makes me feel very good. Just thought you might like input about the new plan. Love you!!!

Unknown said...

I'm not so sure a swim suit will be in my future this summer but I'd still love to come and eat some BBQ! :) I'll let the other Altic girl sport a swim suit. That'll be precious and picture worthy I'm sure. As far as the plan is concerned a lot of people were hesitant at first but have found freedom in the new additions to the program. I'm glad you're one of them! I love you too, Here's to skinny-dom.