Monday, March 9, 2009

Prep

-My belly has corners. How do you know when you're about baked? When your stomach forms corners and the belly button has popped (kinda like a turkey timer). It's been sweet to feel Anneliese's little feet through my belly. She'll shove one out and I can literally grab it. WeIrD but precious.

-Today marks just 3 full days (or less) until D-Day!! Since we know she'll be induced on Thursday I have lots planned for the next couple days. I want to have the house clean and stocked as well as bills paid. Since I have group B strep we'll have a slightly extended hospital stay. They keep the babies an extra day just for observation.

-I'm also preparing for a Weight Watcher's revival. I've been stocking the cabinets with my favorites. I have a lot of work to do. The jogging stroller has been worked over and is ready for some activity :) I plan to find a 5k to run/walk in the next 6-8 weeks just to give myself some motivation for those, "I've been up all night and don't wanna" mornings.

-The last couple days the reality of this being the end has really been settling in. I'm all about this being the end for us but as someone who loves babies and birthing process it does give me pause. Jared and I are sure for the first time that we're at max capacity but there is a tinge of sadness knowing this part of our life is complete. As soon as I type that I am reminded of the relief I also feel. We are sure of God's will in this area and that alone gives great peace.

-Our church family really knows me. I was talking yesterday about how I probably won't be at church on Sunday since we'll likely be dismissed on Saturday. I had several look me right in the eye and say, "oh, you'll be here." It would take some issue I'm not aware of to keep me home :) I will be eager to introduce our daughter to her family and allow them to take her in just as they have the rest of us.

-YAY she's really on her way!!! I can't believe it. Stay tuned to be bombarded by pictures!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm excited to meet her! Let me know if you need anything.

Alisa said...

I'm very excited for you and your family to greet this new little bundle of sugar. I can't wait to see her! Let us know if we can do anything to help.