Monday, March 23, 2009

Where'd My Sweet Boy Go?

Once I had a big eyed brown haired sweet boy by the name of Elijah. Apparently he's been replaced by a small demon. I'm not sure when the switch happened but I'm guessing it has something to do with his new sister.

Jared and I have both discussed how Eli tends to be the antagonist amongst the kids but for the majority of the time he's sweet and quiet. Today has been awful. I've spent most of the day getting onto him for this and that.

Our biggest issue is the way he talks to his brothers when he's angry or frustrated. We've been dealing with, "I hate you, I'm going to kill you, Jerk, & Shut -up." Jared and I both drop the hammer on such behavior but honestly the discipline is wearing me out. We've had 2 issues today with such talk and when the 3rd time happened I decided to try a different punishment and gave him apple cider vinegar. He slurped it up and said, "I actually like that, what is it?"

I sent him upstairs (his brothers are on the trampoline) and he began screaming and throwing a fit. I punished him again and sent him to bed. He's now screaming and declaring he's not going to sleep. Jared's in Dekalb, I'm home alone and out of ideas.

You know it's bad when mom is crying as much as the 4 year old.

No comments: