Thursday, August 21, 2008

Check This Out

I was doing some research on our name Anneliese and found out that we had very much "Americanized" the pronunciation of the name with Anne-a-lees. Apparently that's not actually how it's pronounced. It's pronounced Ahh-nah-lees or Ah-nah-leez-ah. I actually like that so much better simply because it doesn't sound anything like the word anal.

So here's my idea, how about Anneliese with the accurate pronunciation with the name Karinne (Karen with a short "i" sound vs the "e") for the middle name. I really like Anna Karinne together as well. Give me your two cents and be nice I am seriously considering this for our little peanut if by chance she's a she :)


Anneliese Karinne Altic. A.K.A. Sis :)

UPDATE!!! Jared just nixed it. He said it sounds like we're going for Anna Karenina who in his words, "was a selfish aristocratic adultress who runs out on her family but eventually kills herself by throwing herself under a train." He still strongly favors Hazel Anneliese. I agree!

7 comments:

Thumper said...

And really, do we want to draw attention to the Altic-train crossing connection?

Jen said...

LOL!

Unknown said...

Oh that's right. Altic's are known for meeting their Maker due to a train accident. Let's not go there.

Anonymous said...

I really liked Anna Karinne, but Anna Karenina was the first thing I thought of too :o(. What about Hazelanne Karinne....?

Anonymous said...

Do I get a vote??? I love Anneliese! How about . . . Anneliese Kathleen? (after her mommy!) Sounds so feminine! Also, still AKA Sis!

love ya,
G'ma Anita

Jen said...

Ohh Anita, I like that!

Anonymous said...

I love Anneliese Kathleen!!! Way to work Anita. And I have to say that the two of you have liked Anneliese for as long as I can remember. It's very pretty. I also really like the "americanized" version. There is my two cents. . . . . . ~Abie