Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nesting...

I have decided to do some work upstairs to get ready for the baby. We have 3 bedrooms upstairs for the kids. Currently we have the "big" room (13X14). That is where both sets of bunkbeds, the hamsters, and 3 out of 4 boys reside. It's a large room and with all that there is still plenty of room to rumble. The other two rooms are similar in size and one serves as the nursery (where Graham sleeps until he takes his place on the bottom bunk in the big room). The other room has a queen sized bed and a tv cabinet for guests.

I did some measuring today and the spare room is somewhat larger than the nursery and it only has one window verses two large windows. The nursery measures in at 7.5 X 12 feet while the spare room is 9.5 X 13.5. Both rooms desperately need new paint after being abused for 5 years by the short people who inhabit them.

With one small window and slightly bigger in size, the spare room would be better for furniture placement (more walls less windows) and the single window facing west would allow the baby to sleep in without the sun shining brightly into the two large windows on the east side of the current nursery.

I measured the guest furniture to make sure it would fit in the smaller room and it does. The furniture is black and the bedding is red so I'm guessing the hazy blue color will have to go. I think a neutral beige would be real nice.

My plan is to decorate in pink and brown for a girl and blue and brown for a boy so painting the nursery before we know shouldn't be difficult. I want to paint the lower half a rich brown, put up a chair rail (white) and paint the top half a khaki. Once we have the cribbing and such adding touches of blue or pink should be a cinch.

I've pretty much made up my mind but convincing my husband that this is not only necessary but urgent may prove difficult. He's not real keen on me painting or moving furniture so he will definitely have to be involved. If anyone has a urge to paint let me know and I'll put you to work :)

No comments: