Tuesday, July 22, 2008

2 Years

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my Dad's death. It's surreal that it's been that long. There has been a lot that's happened in those two years. I really feel like in the last few months I have really started to heal and truly thrive.

This pregnancy has been a true blessing. I feel like I am focused on life and the wonderful people and things God has placed in our lives. Especially for the first year I focused on death and the loss of Dad and the loss of everything I ever hoped our relationship should have been or could have been.

I decided this year I wasn't going to be here at home missing my siblings instead my brother Jason and I have an evening planned to just spend some time together. I think we may do dinner and a movie. It doesn't really matter what we do as long as we're together.

Needless to say I think about Dad daily but I can honestly say that I am able to think on him with love and nostalgia verses all the hurt and sadness that stemmed from the event of his death. God is good. Time doesn't heal all wounds regardless of what they say, but with a loving husband and a loving God I am able to look forward to the life He has granted.

No comments: