Monday, July 14, 2008

Lab Results

The doctor's office called this evening and told Jared that we are indeed 4 weeks or so pregnant and my labs are considered low normal. They are not concerned and were very encouraging to Jared. They asked that I go back in 2-3 days for another lab to see that my levels are increasing at the appropriate rate.

Apparently every woman is different and HCG levels vary greatly from one individual to another. Obviously we were greatly encouraged from this report. I came home from work tonight and loaded up the family and went to the Legends for ice cream. The boys were really enjoying themselves and it was such a nice evening.

Partway through our night we headed to NIKE to use the facilities. I had bright red spotting so we loaded up and headed home. Just as we were feeling encouraged we were reminded of the fragility of this precious life.

Add the "low" normal to the red spotting and we are obviously concerned. Jared and I covet your prayers as we wait the 2-3 days before our next appointment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you started another blog. I will definitely keep praying. Since you've announced it on the internet I'm guessing it's ok to tell our kids. I was going to ask, just in case it wasn't "known." I didn't want them telling someone else news. Love you!!!