Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Awesome Randomness

-Apparently I'm a little rough on blow dryers. When Jared and I first started Dave Ramsey I bought a really nice dryer for $60 at Sally's. I thought that was rather pricey and the most I'd ever spent on a blow dryer. The only reason I justified it was because I burn out Wal-Mart dryers about every 6 months. The new pricey dryer lasted about 8 mos and caught on fire. I returned it to Sally's where they replaced it with the same thing. A couple days ago (about 8 mos later) it started sparking green while I was drying my hair. I know I have a lot of hair but on days that I stay home I let it air dry so the only days it gets a work out are on days I actually need to go somewhere. Surely it should last longer than 8 mos!

-Elijah told me the other day, "hey mom you know when it's time for bed and you say, "Boys, upstars!" When Anneliese (anna-weese) gets here you'll have to say, "Boys and...girl go upstairs!"
Too cute.

-I'm 26 weeks. So, that leaves about 12-14 weeks left. That doesn't sound too awful long! I sent Alisa Y. my list of addresses for the shower she's throwing for our little girl. Oh my goodness I can't wait. I'm going next week to Target to register. This is SOO much fun.

-Anneliese will be riding in style. Jared and I have a stroller that my Dad bought us when we were pregnant with Brennan. It's 9 years old and has been through 6 kids. My 4, a nephew, and a friend's little boy. Because of it's age it needs to be replaced due to safety reasons even though it's still in good shape. I have to say that we got his money's worth out of it. He and Suz (my step mom) said it was the Cadilac of strollers and they were right!
I have been on the look out for something newer (and something that isn't blue plaid) for our little girl and I found it yesterday!! Peg-Perego is a rediculously expensive brand of strollers. I found one on Craigslist that is $400 at Toys R us and I purchased it for less than 1/4 of that. It's black and silver with animal print on it. TOO CUTE. It has to be the nicest stroller I've ever seen. The best part is the handles are adjustable so Jared doesn't have to bend in half to push it.

-"What will you call her?" That is the number one question we get when we tell people Anneliese's name. Our intentions are to call her Anneliese. Why is that soo difficult? We have some friends who have a daughter named Angeliese and she's at least 6 or 7 now and guess what they call her, Angeliese. Amy C. has a daughter named Abigail and even though Abby is a very common nickname no one calls her that since they introduce her as Abigail. Plus there's no telling what the boys will come up with. Elijah is Weeja since that's all Graham can muster and we all think it's adorable. Sis or Sissy are also fine with me, otherwise she'll be Anneliese, sweet girl, sugar bugar, baby girl, or anthing else we come up with.

-We're on the mend. Brennan and Graham have been ill for nearly a week. I came down with a vicious head cold on Monday and I'm surviving. I figure it's been a really long time since we've all been sick so we were due and all in all it wasn't as bad as my poor friend Shell. Her whole family has had the pukes twice over in two weeks. I'm praying for you sweet girl.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

My family has always just called me Liese. I guess 3 syllables is really just too much to say :) I could totally see that happening with her over time.

Katie said...

Jonathan is our oldest and we call him Jonathan. He had a daycare that called him Jonnie but he isn't there anymore and begs us to not call him that!! So its just Jonathan, not Jon or Jonnie or Jon Boy. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I have a Conair Ionshine hair dryer I pretty sure I got it at walmart it and it was defiantly less than $30 but it has lasted me 5 years! I have really long thick hair and blow dry almost everyday, so maybe you should try that brand. We shortened my son's name even though he doesn't like it now but my daughter's name is Angela and thats what we still call her.

Janis