Friday, December 12, 2008

Cool Trick!

Now that our water softener is up and running I decided to see what I could about removing the hard water build up on our glasses. I love google. Anyway after doing some brief research I found out that if you soak glass in vinegar, water, and baking soda it removes the fogginess. As if that wasn't cool enough I then made the concoction in my sink and as soon as I added the glasses everything started bubbling like Sprite! It was apparently eating all the residue right off the glass! Since it was so cool I decided to take before and after pictures.

BEFORE:


AFTER (prepare to be amazed):


I was so pleased that I went ahead and soaked my blender jar, coffee pot and all our silverware. It all looks so much better! YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow am I impressed!!! Love it! Wish I had known that years ago and I wouldn't have sold a bunch of glasses at my garage sales!!!

You're good!

love ya,
Mom Anita

Alisa said...

What a wonder vinegar is. We seem to use it a lot around here and we don't even have hard water. Corban loves to put baking soda in a bottle, add a little vinegar and watch it fizz up and out, just like a little volcano.