Monday, December 1, 2008

Anneliese 25 weeks



I had a doctor's appointment this morning full of lab work exams and a sonogram. I arrived at 8:30 and didn't leave until almost 11. It was a long but wonderful morning.

The sonogram was just magic. Anneliese was awake and moving. She kept opening her mouth and sticking out her tongue. It was precious. Towards the end of the sono she started sucking her thumb and the tech immediately took the picture above. What a precious image.

She's growing perfectly and everything looks healthy. She's a whopping 1 lb 6 oz. She's measuring just a little big for her age but then again we kinda expect that. I have one more appointment in a month and then we go to every 2 week appointments. Dr. Sheridan said she's head down and will probably stay there. I didn't gain this month which was both shocking and wonderful. I tried to behave and apparently didn't do too much damage during the 3 Thanksgiving meals.

She's been using my right rib cage for a trampoline so I assumed she was in the "ready" position. It's shocking and wonderful how quickly this pregnancy is going. I can't stop smiling. For some reason today I got a huge dose of a wonderful reality. We are going to have a daughter...soon.

Praise God. He is good.

2 comments:

Jen said...

that's the best pic ever! I can't wait to meet her!

alanna said...

Oh how sweeeeet!!!

Father, we praise YOU because she is fearfully and wonderfully made!!!