Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Home Alone, Well Kinda

Jared is up at the church for the New Year's lock in. The boys and I have been on our own since 12 today. We ran a couple quick errands this afternoon otherwise we've been home.

Up until yesterday Graham had escaped the illnesses in our house. He ran out of luck Tuesday. He woke up with terrible loose stools and very groggy. He just laid around most of the day but by 4 he really perked up and I thought it was over.

I was wrong...He got up twice in the night and vomited. It was such a mess and he's such a sweet sickie. He's snugglie and typically in a good mood which makes it even more sad. Again he perked up and has been playing around and giggling most of the afternoon. I was thankful for the turnaround because we are supposed to spend the afternoon at Jared's parents tomorrow.

We had planned to go up to the church even if just for a bit to say hi and hang out. This evening about 7 Graham had an accident upstairs and had loose stool all over the hallway. Needless to say I've spent the last two hours shampooing carpets. It's hard to stop once you start. It had been quite a while since I did them and they needed it. He's resting peacefully and I'm praying that was the end. Poor little guy.

I've been working on garlic bread in the midst of all this for the family gathering. I have two batches down and I plan to do two more in the morning. If nothing else I'll send Jared and the older kids with the bread and wee one and I'll hang out here at home.

Happy New Year. Here's praying it's a poo and vomit free one at least for the most part :)

No comments: