Friday, December 19, 2008

Well That's Just Swell

Apparently the time of year doesn't play as much a part as I thought.

When I was pregnant with Brennan I was due in September and we had record highs in Joplin. The entire last month it was in the lower 100's. I was swollen up like you wouldn't believe.

With my pregnancy with Elijah who was due in April I had swelling near the end because I was struggling with some mild preeclampsia. My blood pressure was a little high and the swelling was an issue. Even then it wasn't too bad.

I am 28 weeks this week and I'm already swelling significantly in my hands, ankles, and feet. I'd like to say that my newly acquired back fat was simply water weight but I know better. I have a doctor's appointment a week from Monday and I am eager to check in. This marks the last of my every 4 week appointments and after 29th I begin seeing him every two weeks.

Jared mentioned this morning that this pregnancy is flying by. I have to agree. I feel like it's flying by and taking forever all at the same time. Basically, I feel pregnant :)

No comments: