Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve Eve

The boys and I ran to Wal-Mart this morning for some baking goods. We have planned to make some goodies today and tomorrow. It was busy to say the least! Graham has taken to walking while we are in a store. I don't mind when it's not busy but today was a little much. I would have had to of leashed him to feel comfortable allowing him to walk in that chaos.

The problem is that Graham is 2 and once he's felt he's earned a freedom he doesn't take it lightly when that freedom is removed. He screeched for the first 10 minutes we were there threatening to jump from the cart at any minute.

My plan of sneaking in unbathed and unnoticed was thrwarted by his baying at the moon. I really try NOT to appear as an unkept worn out mother of 4 who doesn't understand birth control. Alas...

Add to that Tanner decided once we arrived that he really didn't feel well enough to be out and desperately wanted to go home. Needless to say I didn't get all the ingredients I went in for. I was hoping to make "Poor Man's Turtles" for my family and walked out without a single of the 3 ingredients.

We are so blessed that with 4 children there is always comic relief. Please only read on if you have a strong stomach. Elijah has had a ferocious sore on his left nostril for the last week. I have been trying to nurse it back to health by adding large amounts of triple antibiotic ointment but he just won't leave it alone. Once I had the kids loaded up and headed for home I looked in the rear veiw mirror to see his nose bleeding again.

"Elijah did you pick at your nose?! It's bleeding again!"

"It didn't tastes like blood, it tastes like snot."

I laughed (and gagged a little) until my stomach hurt. What a sweet innocent little boy. He's so precious I could kiss him...on his forehead.

No comments: