Wednesday, December 24, 2008

In a Funk

It's not quite Christmas here in the Altic house. I've been singing, "I'm Dreaming of a Conventional Christmas" (to the tune of White Christmas) making up the words as I went along. It just doesn't seem right this year.

Tanner started vomiting this morning. He's had 3 incidents so far today and hasn't left Jared's chair otherwise. We are going on 2 weeks of illness and it's sucking the life out of me. We've missed church, Christmas programs, and church canceled caroling due to weather. I love worship always and especially at Christmas.

Jared is working today. We're hoping to see him by 6 or so for dinner. Due to my working Weight Watcher's he was forced to take Monday off to sit with the kids so we get him tomorrow and today seems like just any other day. I had plans to make cookies and candies with Natasha today while the boys played (Matt's on at the Fire Dept) and obviously we had to cancel due to Tanner's sick belly.

My house needs cleaned and my family is due to come tomorrow evening. I've been off myself and ended up resting most of the afternoon in my bed while the boys watched Toon Disney and Graham slept.

Dustin's family is out of town visiting Alanna's family in WI. so we won't even get together with the Altic's for a week.

The blinking Christmas light through all the darkness has been you. Jared and I have received an onslaught of Christmas cards from friends and church family. Jared has come home from the last few church events sharing with me your eagerness to tell him of your affection for our family and wishing the boys and I well. I so appreciate the blessings God has gifted us in each and every one of you.

Merry Unconventional Christmas.

No comments: