Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Whew What a Morning

I loaded up the kids this morning and headed out for a multi-stop shopping trip. We were paid yesterday and had several things to pick up so we headed down to Shawnee Mission Parkway.

It's a beautiful day so walking to multiple stores was very pleasant. Our first stop was Motherhood Maternity for a couple necessities. I'm am very thankful to have not one but two undergarments that fit perfectly and are actually quite comfortable. The best part was they were 50% off and I couldn't be happier or umm more supported :)

The next stop was to Old Navy for some pants for my eldest two sons. They both wear the same size and we barely have enough jeans for one boy let alone two. I figure the two pairs of jeans we have won't last long between two crazy rambunctious boys. Old Navy was also having a great sale and we were able to get 4 pairs of pants for the boys, 2 shirts and an adorable shirt and matching skirt for Anneliese all for around $60! I was thrilled to be able to buy my little men some NEW clothes. It may sound silly but we are typically garage sale-ers and goodwill only. I couldn't pass up brand new jeans for $8-$10 a pair knowing they would be passed down several times.

Next was PetSmart. Jared and I found an electric fence on Craigslist and needed a few supplies to help with installation and an extra collar for dog #2. We are very excited at the idea of keeping our dogs contained. Something Jared mentioned that I hadn't even thought of was how nice it will be this summer. We'll be able to leave the gates open while doing yard work without worrying about their escaping. Plus we needed a few hamster supplies. After seeing the movie BOLT the kids were desperate for a hamster ball :)

We headed to Aldi for our bi-weekly food haul. I was just $27 short of my record spending at Aldi. We are so thankful for this store. Doing the bulk of our shopping there saves us at LEAST $150 a month. We are able to feed our family well at a fraction of the cost of other grocery stores. It's a little work bagging my own stuff but it's definitely worth the savings.

Last and least :) was Wal-Mart. I was out of my crazy pills as well as my thyroid medication. Even though we were all exhausted I decided it was a necessary trip or Momma would be fat, hairy and very unhappy with a hint of anxiety. You know what they say, "When Mamma's crazy fat and unhappy everyone is..." Well, you get the idea.

I am so thankful to be home for a couple hours of rest and home schooling before heading off to work yet again. We are in week 3 of the 4 weeks of Weight Watchers so it's almost done.

This may seem like a complain-y blog of all the errands that needed to be run but it's really a list of wonderful thankfulness. Jared and I have been so blessed by our church and their generosity. I wouldn't have been able to go and buy our families necessities without all your help. It was a great feeling to walk into Old Navy and shop the sales and get exactly what we needed without worrying if the electric bill would have to wait. God is Good.

No comments: